MANAGEMENT OF ILLNESS AND SUSPECTED / CONFIRMED CASES OF COVID19 at PALFREY INFANTS
- At Palfrey Infants we require all parties to support in this management by notifying to us accurately and in a timely manner.
- We are using the Guidance issued by Public Health England / Walsall in managing illness and Covid cases.
- We report any recorded illness and request parents/ staff ensure test & trace is used when required.
- A new continuous cough
- Fever 37.8
- Loss of or change of sense of taste
- Loss of or change in normal sense of smell
If you develop symptoms whilst at home
- Contact the school to inform them of a suspected case by phone as soon as possible. (01922 720713)
- Pupil/ Staff member should stay at home
- Self-isolate – 7 days for symptomatic individual, 14 days for household members
- Arrange testing for symptomatic individual ( via NHS 119 or NHS UK www.gov.uk/apply-coronavirus-test-essential-workers )
- If anyone who is symptomatic deteriorates or becomes symptomatic please seek medical advice.
- School will record this and inform Walsall Health Protection Unit.
If you develop symptoms whilst at school
- Pupil would be moved to isolation area , Parents would be called to collect child from the isolation area
- Staff to wear PPE whilst accompanying the pupil
- Pupils to use a separate bathroom (Disabled Toilet)
- The bathroom should be closed and thoroughly cleaned prior to anyone else using it.
- School to keep a record of any illness in school on Appendix 2 form and contact Walsall Health Protection Unit.
If we get notified of a confirmed case within school
- If a case is confirmed school via track and trace we will close the Pod with immediate effect and all persons pupils / staff within that pod will be required to self-isolate for 14 days. ( Family members are not required to self-isolate unless they show symptoms)
- Parents/ Staff would receive a text with information from Public Health England via the Headteacher / School
- Pod would only need to be tested IF they were to develop symptoms.
- School would not close unless advised by contact tracer.
- School to liaise with Public Health England