School Gateway (also known as SchoolComms)
SchoolComms is our service provider for emails, texts messages (electronic communication) and payments.
This system uses the contact details that we already hold on our school records. To make payments and give consent for visits you will need to register with the School Gateway App. More information on how the School Gateway app works is available here: https://schoolgateway.co.uk/#modal
If you have an Apple or Android device, we recommend that you use the app School Gateway as it is the easiest way to access all our communications and make payments. A short video showing how to register for the app is available here: https://vimeo.com/356135357
- Receive all communication electronically
- See letters (including newsletters) in your email inbox or via the app
- Get a short text or app message if we need to contact you urgently
- Be able to give consent for visits and make payments electronically
- Check back and easily find previous messages or newsletters that we have sent to the app
We will be able to:
- Ensure that important information is delivered directly to you
- Keep you up to date with what is happening at school
How to register on the School Gateway App:
- The school will use the email address and mobile number that we currently hold for contacts with parental responsibility.
- Go to https://schoolgateway.co.uk/get-started/
If you have an Apple or Android device, please follow the links to the relevant app store to download the School Gateway App.
- Press ‘Sign Up’ then enter the email and mobile number your school has on record. If you’re not sure if we have the right details, call the school office and check the details and update first.
- Press ‘Send PIN’. You will receive a text message with your unique PIN.
- You’re now ready to log in and start using School Gateway.
- If you don’t have a smartphone or prefer to use a computer, you can set up your account using the web version of School Gateway.
- See a video guide here
- Please save the school’s email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) to your email address book, to ensure that emails are not treated as spam.
- If you change your contact details, please let the school know as soon as possible
Please note that we will no longer be sending information home on paper. We are finding that printed letters can get lost and want to be certain that important information is delivered to you promptly. It is therefore vital that we have an email address for you.
We would like to reassure you that Schoolcomms comply with the Data Protection Act. Your details will only be used for the purpose of school business and will not be passed on to any third party.
If you have any questions regarding Schoolcomms, please contact the school office on the usual school number, 01922 720713.